This is a very popular event on the Hawks calendar and brings in many who haven’t attended the earlier cross country races. Handicap Road Race whereby each entrant has a starting time based on their estimated 5km time. Slowest start first.
12:30 –1 pm. Registration Horsham Downs Hall.
1:15 pm Boys & Girls U15 2 km.
1:30 pm Sweeney Cup – 8km – Clock counts down from 60 minutes with 1st walkers starting
2:00 pm-ish Most runners start
2:45 pm Afternoon tea and prizes (Please bring a plate)
Registration/ Late Entries
- All runners and walkers collect a timing tag and CALCULATE their own finishing time from the table showing 5k times (and last years results)
- Club runners will be given a numbered tag
- Registrations – Non -club runners
- Handicaps – Not required – Self handicapped
Start/ Finish –On the left hand side by the school gate. Entrants to run over the mat when they start. The clock will count down, then runner starts when the time on the clock is their estimated finish time.
2km Juniors race – Same start and finish. Run down the walkway and back up the road on the right.
- 1st home fastest and lucky spot prizes
Base Manager – Graham Dudfield
A few helpers are needed for this one too – text Graham 0274898768 if you’re able to lend a hand.
- Course Map will be posted
- All Runners walkers go down the Osbourne Rd hill on the way out on the gravel walkway and stay on the walkway until Reynolds road.
- 2 laps of Reynolds road – around the cones.
- On the return up the hill Walkers stay on walkway – Runners stay on the road until the final section near the finish