What a great weekend weather wise for the 42nd running of the Huntly Half Marathon….
This is one of the clubs big events each year, and it was great to see so many Hawks out there competing, helping out with registrations, lead bikes etc. and supporting their fellow club mates.
There was an unfortunate clash of dates with the Cambridge Half Marathon this year (which also included the NZ Half Marathon Champs) which meant numbers were down a bit at Huntly – but despite that we all had a great day…and some good results to boot!
The men’s podium for the Half Marathon distance was a family affair with the Thorby brothers first and second place was Will Laery.
And the women’s podium featured our very own Kovo who had a great run to come in 2nd Female and earn a nice cheque! Congrats Kovo!
The other Hawks out there competing that I could see in the results are listed below – with notable performances such as:
- Nichola McMahon storming home to take the win in the 21.1k walk,
- Sue Hunter completing the 21.1k admirably after running the Taupo Ultra 74km event the previous day, and only having 3 hours sleep!!!,
- The M50-59 boys taking 3 of the first 5 spots in the 10k (and 5 of the first 6 age grade spots!)
- Michelle Curnow smashing out her 10k in a great time to take the age grade win!
- The Stirling brothers (Jack & Max) once again making it a 1,2 finish in the kids dash!!!
|Huntly Half Marathon 2022
|Half Marathon Run
|2nd Female Overall
|Half Marathon Walk
|6th M50-59 (50 min pacer)
|Kids 2k Run