Invite your friends to come and have a go
2018-19 season (first club night Wednesday October 10th 6pm start at Porritt Stadium)
** FIRST WAIBOP Centre meeting THIS SUNDAY 1 pm start (7th Oct)
150m, 1,000m, 60m, 300m, Shot put, Discus, Long Jump, (We are duty Club, please help)
Key dates for the new season:
- 3 weeks of secondary school OPEN CLUB NIGHTS; Nov. 7, 14, 21 bring your mates!
- NZ secondary school championships DUNEDIN Nov 30 – Dec 2
- North Island championships (PORRITT) Dec. 15
- Classics: Jan 15 Cooks, Jan 18 Capital, Jan 26 Potts, Feb 9 “ PORRITT CLASSIC”
- Waikato-BOP open championships Feb 23 and 24
- NZ open championships CHRISTCHURCH March 8,9,10
- North Island secondary schools TAURANGA April 6-7
HELP us to advertise the Club, the season and our Wednesday nights. Please put up POSTS on your own Facebook, Instagram and other social media. There will be an award for the “BEST AD”… must be placed before October 10th
NZ T & F Championships in March on the new Christchurch BLUE track
- HAWKS have booked 30+ motel beds for the Thursday-Fri-Saturday nights. If you wish us to save 3 nights for you please contact, Jeanette as soon as you know.
- Travel to Christchurch is YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY this year (watch out for cheap flights) ADDINGTON STADIUM MOTEL 3min drive from track!
- We will have 2 vans available for Club transport in Christchurch including Airport pick ups.
NEW CLUB CAPTAINS – please make yourselves known to these three athletes who are keen to hear your story, listen to your requests and help you in any way they can…..
REGISTRATION for the 2018-19 season is NOW OPEN
This year there is a new system and you will have to complete this process and pay, on line. Visit HAWKS website, Track and Field section or click here
All registrations completed before October 31st this year will be in the draw for a FREE membership this year (so that would mean a refund) – lets do it soon!!!!